The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini

This is without doubt the best novel I have read so far this year, the book is beautifully written and slowly builds up in pressure and tension until at points I had to actually put it down in disbelieve take a deep breath then re-read the last paragraph, just to be sure of what I had read. The book is set in the back drop of a steadily unraveling Afghanistan and charts the friendship and later betrayal, guilt, loyalty and love shared between the two main characters. I won’t go into to many details of the plot in case I let slip some spoilers, but I will say if you are looking to buy a book this week buy this one. Hosseini is a master of manipulation and storytelling; I will be interested to read his second offering, A thousand splendid suns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People in Palestine are burying dead children again!

Death To Cynicism